COURSES AND EVENTS FOR ALL LEVELS BEYOND BEGINNERS
- The below courses are for students who have completed at least “Prepare o Be Unprepared”, another recognised impro-specific course, or additional intermediate/advanced improvisation training. Whilst currently listed courses are sold out, additional offering are soon to be published, here 🙂
- “The Music In You” SOLD OUT SORRY Intermediate short course. Try “Peak Performance” or why not meet new people and brush-up on your skills, by taking “Prepare To Be Unprepared”, again?
- “Peak Performance” SOLD OUT SORRY Intermediate short course, 7 Wednesday evenings from April 28 – to June 9.
- All courses include an optional end-of-course performance that you can take part in, so enrol early….
THE MUSIC IN YOU – SOLD OUT SORRY by popular demand, discover EVERY person’s innate spontaneous musical abilities and ENJOY them 🙂
7 Monday evenings from April 19 – June 21 (skipping public holidays), 7:00pm-9:30pm, Ainslie Arts Centre, (two blocks from Canberra CBD)
- Hurry for this one, as we predict it to sell-out earlier than most courses.
After numerous requests, we are running this inspiring course for all improvisers, whether you think you have any musical ability or not. Those who were told they didn’t, will learn to dismiss those evil voices from the past, and enjoy a basic instinct that all humans can both enjoy, and effectively share, to create beautiful music together. Those who already enjoy performing music, will learn a fresh approach, that enables them to expand their skills in liberating ways, collaborate with others spontaneously, and simply have a damn good sing.
Using techniques that tutor, Nick Byrne has learned, taught, and developed in cultures across the globe, we’ll not only learn to improvise singing together, but to develop your sense of rhythm, and even how to use musical instruments without formal lessons. In addition to learning how to make a range of songs in varying musical styles, we’ll learn how to respond to, and provide, background music to non-singing scenes, how to move to music as both organic dance and simply emotional exploration, and how to build entire performances, such as musical theatre.
You will definitely discover more about yourself, and realise that you can do more than you currently believe.
SOLD OUT SORRY – A few places still available in “Peak Performance”, below…
PEAK PERFORMANCE – SOLD OUT SORRY 7 Wednesday evenings from April 28 to June 9, 7:00pm-9:30pm, Ainslie Arts Centre, (two blocks from Canberra CBD)
Get ready to perform! In this redesigned program, Nick Byrne combines two of his classic course structures. Half of each night will be devoted to inspiring exercises that enable you to perform at your peak, at any time, and in whatever you’re doing, on and off stage. The other half, will give students the opportunity to apply these skills in improvised stage performance games and formats, readying them to appear on stage, in the various upcoming performance seasons, provided by Impro ACT, or to reapply what they’ve learned back into their work or social life.
One of the most practically applicable courses, we’ve done. You can try out out the skills you’ll learn, the very next day at work, whether it’s in a professional presentation, or a one-on-one chat, AND you can try them out on stage in our short-form Theatresports season, or new shows being offered by Impro ACT, including the end of course performance, itself. You can even try them out on your next date 😉 If you perform scripted theatre, comedy, music, sport, role-play, or in any other context, where you need to be at your best, regardless of circumstances, this is the course for you!